WRONGFUL DEATH ATTORNEY
We never imagine that we’ll lose a loved one because of the negligence or carelessness of someone else. It is unthinkable and devastating.
Wrongful Death Attorney
Shreveport Wrongful death Attorney, police misconduct injury lawyer, car accident attorney, personal injury lawyer, trucking injury lawyer
Wrongful death cases are complicated in nature. After the death of a loved one, you need to consider medical, insurance, and legal issues. Handling all this on your own can be difficult and confusing.
When someone dies due to the fault of another person or entity, the survivors are eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Such a lawsuit seeks compensation for the loss to survivors such as lost wages, lost companionship, and funeral expenses.
Who Can Sue for Wrongful Death?
A wrongful death lawsuit is usually filed by a representative on behalf of the survivors. Members who are eligible to approach the court are:
- Immediate family members: Immediate family members such as spouse, children, and parents of unmarried children are eligible to file a claim under the wrongful death law.
- Life partners: In some states, life partners or anyone who is financially dependent on the deceased is eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- which allow distant family members such as brothers, sisters, and grandparents to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
- All people who were financially dependent: Some states allow all people that were financially dependent on the victim to file a wrongful death claim.
SOME COMMON REASONS FOR WRONGFUL DEATH ARE:
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products
- Automobile accidents
- Slips and falls
- Accidents at the workplace
Irrespective of the cause of the accident, it’s always important to seek justice. The legal representatives at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess have years of experience in handling complicated wrongful death cases. We work on a no win/no pay basis, i.e., our attorneys receives a payment only when they resolve a case successfully. What’s more, we also provide a FREE initial case analysis.
IF YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONE IS IN NEED OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE, REACH OUT TO US NOW.
Don’t Delay! Your claim may be valid. Allow our attorneys to assist you before the statute of limitations expires!
Wrongful Death Cases are Complicated and Need the Assistance of an Attorney
Don’t Delay, Call Clay!
Call the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess today!
Do I Need the Assistance of an Experienced Attorney in a Wrongful Death Case?
If your family member or loved one has been a victim of wrongful death because of someone else’s negligence, it’s important to consult a wrongful death attorney. You can reach out to experienced Shreveport wrongful death attorneys at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess. Our lawyers can help you figure out if your loved one’s death qualifies for litigation under the state laws.
Reasons to Hire a Wrongful Death Attorney
- Financial issues get resolved: Wrongful death actions are complicated in nature. Once you consider medical, insurance, and legal issues, the financial consequences can be steep. Handling these can be costly and may also leave you confused. On the other hand, the assistance of a specialist attorney can increase your chances of winning generous compensation.
- Offers complete peace of mind: We understand that after the death of a loved one, it’s hard to think rationally. In fact, even simple decisions can turn out to be overwhelming. A wrongful death attorney can provide objective voice of reason. Additionally, attorneys can also handle all the cumbersome paperwork, legal formalities, meetings, etc.
- Timelines can be maintained: In wrongful death cases, it’s important to adhere to deadlines. Formulating and proceeding with a lawsuit takes time. Maintaining the timelines on your own may be tedious and difficult. At a time of immense crisis, worrying about timelines should ideally be the last thing on your mind.
- Building a strong case: A wrongful death attorney uses his or her expertise to build a strong case in your favor. It has also been observed that there are increased chances of the victim receiving better compensation with the assistance of an attorney.
Damages in Wrongful Death
Damages in wrongful death can be categorized into economic and non-economic. Some of the economic damages include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future earnings
Non-economic damages include:
- Expenses for grief counseling
- Loss of love
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
Statute of Limitations
One of the most important factors for consideration in wrongful death litigation is time. The statute of limitations for wrongful death in Louisiana extends to one year. After the death of a loved one, it may get difficult to pursue a claim. Grief and mental anguish could cloud your judgment. In such a situation, a long courtroom battle is the last thing you would want.
Therefore, it’s best to seek the assistance of specialist attorneys without wasting any time.
Apart from wrongful death attorneys, you can also contact the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess for seeking assistance from a police misconduct injury lawyer, car accident attorney, personal injury lawyer, or trucking injury lawyer. Evidence-gathering should ideally start immediately after an accident. That’s because with time, evidence tends to get destroyed. The legal representatives at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess can always help ensure that the level of financial care is maintained. Our lawyers ask for payment from you only when they resolve a case successfully.