Motor Vehicle AccidentsAs long as people have had cars, there have been car accidents. The open road comes with it’s own set of hazards. You might get clipped by another car because a driver is impatient to change lanes. Maybe the road was substandard and caused you to swerve into a ditch. Perhaps the driver at the intersection was talking on their cell phone and ran the red light straight into your vehicle.These scenarios are easy to imagine, even routine. They have probably happened to your immediate family and friends. What is not easy is the legal and insurance issues that car accidents leave behind. How do you determine who is legally at fault? Is the insurance company being fair to you, or are they in a hurry to settle your claim? These are questions that can’t be solved by everyday know-how or an all night research bender on Google.
If you or a family member has been significantly injured as the result of a motor vehicle accident in the state of Louisiana contact the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess today at (877) 234-7573.
Not every car accident victim needs the assistance of a lawyer. Hiring a lawyer does not automatically mean that a lawsuit is necessary. More often than not attorneys are able to negotiate settlements for their clients without ever litigating the case.
But, when they are necessary, lawsuits not only serve the purpose of compensating the car accident victims, but also holds others accountable for the negligent acts. Lawsuits can help change the law. These changes can prevent others from suffering similar accidents and injuries in the future.
Car Accidents in the State of Louisiana
Vehicular Accidents in Louisiana frequently involve one or more of the following factors:
- Excessive speed
- Failure to yield right-of-way to another vehicle
- Texting or talking on the phone.
- Following too closely
- Impaired Driving
- Crossing the center line
- Driving The Wrong Way On A Highway or One-Way Street
- Illegal U-turns
- Uncontrolled Intersection
- Running A Stoplight or Stop sign
- Merging / Exiting at Freeway On-Ramp / Off-Ramps
- Defective equipment
- Fatigue / Drowsy Driving / Asleep-at-the-wheel
- Diagonal Pedestrian Crossing
- Improper backing
- Confusion at Traffic Circles, 3-Way Stops, 4-Way Stops & Five-Point Intersections
- Failure to yield right-of way to a pedestrian or bicyclist
- Improper passing
- Inexperienced Drivers: Teen Driving Accidents
- Failure to yield at a yield sign
- Improper parking
- Failing to signal a lane change or turn
- Headlight violation
- Improper use of turn signal
- Disregarded flag person or officer
Car Accident Statistics
According to LSU’s Louisiana Crash Data Reports fact book for 2015 there were:
These crashes resulted in
- 698 fatal crashes
- 752 fatalities
- 78.8 thousand injuries
- 119.4 thousand property-damage-only crashes
- a cost of $8.6 billion dollars to the citizens of Louisiana, an increase of 6.3% from 2014.
- a cost of $2,919 for every licensed driver in Louisiana, an increase of 5.7% from 2014.
The law offices of L. Clayton Burgess, A Professional Law Corporation, we are dedicated to helping you overcome the obstacles involved in getting back on your and obtaining fair compensation for your damages. Our car accident attorneys believe in providing our clients with accurate and meaningful information to aid them in determining their best course of action. As a public service we provide many resources on our website to assist you in learning more about motor vehicle accidents, common injuries, safety practices and the litigation process.
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident, Don’t delay! Call Clay! An experienced car accident attorney can provide you with an initial consultation FREE of charge to you regardless of whether you retain our services.
Common Motor Vehicle Accident Related Claims:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Head-on Collisions
- Hit and Run Collisions
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rear-end Collisions
- Road Construction Accidents
- SUV Rollover Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
Common Motor Vehicle Accident Related Injuries
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Head, Neck and Back Injuries
- Herniated Disc
- Overlooked Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury