MEDICAL MALPRACTICE ATTORNEY SHREVEPORT
A medical mistake can have much more serious results than any other profession. sever permanent injuries, and even death are common in the medical field.
shreveport medical malpractice injury attorney
Medical malpractice refers to a situation where a patient is harmed due to the failure of medical professionals to perform their duties competently. Negligence is one of the most predominant theories of liability in medical malpractice. A victim who alleges negligent malpractice must prove at least four elements: a duty of care was owed by the medical representative; the person suffered from injuries; the physician violated the standard of care; and the harm was caused by substandard conduct.
Medical malpractice can occur at any stage of the treatment. Failure to diagnose the medical condition correctly, providing wrong diagnosis, operating on the wrong body part or giving a baby an adult dose of medication are all examples of medical malpractice.
As medical malpractice cases are complicated, it’s always best to reach out to trained and well-informed lawyers to represent you. A medical malpractice law is in place to ensure that all the patients receive competent care.
HAS YOUR LOVED ONE BECOME A VICTIM OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE? REACH OUT TO OUR SHREVEPORT MEDICAL MALPRACTICE INJURY ATTORNEY INSTANTLY!
Call our medical malpractice attorney in Shreveport, LA for a FREE review of your case. Our attorneys work on a contingent agreement basis which means that we only receive payment when we successfully resolve a case.
Don’t Delay! You may have a valid claim. Our attorneys can help you get recompense before the statute of limitation expires.
Don’t Delay, Call Clay!
Medical Malpractice Laws Can Be Complicated
WHAT IS A MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CLAIM?
The key to proving a medical malpractice claim is delayed diagnosis or misdiagnosis. Medical malpractice may cause permanent damage and may even lead to death of patients.
Here are some of the common medical malpractice cases:
- Negligent prenatal care: If negligent medical care is provided to a pregnant woman, it could harm both the mother and the fetus. Examples of negligent care include failure to identify birth defects or medical conditions of the mother such as anemia, hypoglycemia, gestational diabetes, and RH incompatibility.
- Surgical mistakes: It’s true that accidents may happen during a surgery. However, medical professionals may also carry out the surgery on the wrong body part or leave surgical equipment inside the body. Such situations may lead to dangerous and life-threatening injuries and infection.
- Medication errors: According to a report by the Institute of Medicine in the year 2006, as many as 400,000 medication errors occur in hospitals every year. Physicians often end up prescribing the wrong medicines or incorrect dosage which leads to health conditions and even death.
- Anesthesia errors: An anesthesiologist may fail to properly take down full patient history and may end up providing a medication that the patient is allergic to. Even small errors on the part of the anesthesiologist may result in serious brain damage.
WHY CALL US?
Medical malpractice attorneys in Shreveport, LA at the Law Offices of L. Clayton Burgess can greatly ease the process of filing for compensation. We’ve helped numerous clients recover generous compensation since our inception.
Once the medical standard of care for your injury is established, our experienced attorneys set out to establish how exactly it was breached. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured due to medical malpractice, don’t hesitate to reach out to our experienced Shreveport medical malpractice injury attorneys.
With us you can recover:
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Compensation for pain and suffering
Our lawyers have more than 20 years of experience in handling complicated medical malpractice cases. If you’ve suffered from a negligent medical procedure, let our attorneys take up your case on your behalf.
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAW CAN BE COMPLICATED
Don’t Delay! Call Clay!
Other Medical Malpractice Claims Include:
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Failure to diagnose
- Failure to treat
- Hospital negligence
- Oxygen deprivation
- Emergency room errors